1. When an object is in equilibrium, its supported either at its centre of gravity or at a point vertically above or below its centre of gravity.
2. Stability refers to an object’s ability to remain in its original position.
3. The stability of an object is its ability to return to its original position when the object is moved or tilted
4. Its is unstable equilibrium if it continues to move further from its original position after being displaced and then released.
5. Its in neutral equilibrium if remains in its displaced
6. Figure below shows three type of equilibrium;