- Orbit is a fixed path that an object moves in.
- The shape of the Earth's orbit is an elipse.
- The bigbest object in the solar system.
- It does not move and stays in the centre of the solar system.
- It provides light and heat to other objects in the solar system
Movement of the Earth
- The Earth rotates on its axis.
- It rotates from the west to the east.
- The Earth's rotation on its axis causes the size and position of shadows that we see to change from time to time.
- At the same time, the Earth also moves around the Sun.
Movement of the Moon
- The Moon rotates on its axis.
- The Moon also moves around the Earth at the same time.
- The fixed path that the moon takes when it moves around the Earth.
- Imaginary lines that connect the top and bottom of the Moon or Earth.