- Light plays an important role in the life of living things.
- Humans and animals need light to enable them to see the things around them.
- Green plants need sunlight to make food.
- Lights are also used as signals to tell ships that they are getting closer to land area or warning people of potential dangers.
- Light can cause the formation of shadows. In the past, people have used shadow formed from light to tell time or even for entertainment such as the ‘wayang kulit’.
Put a tick (/) next to the correct statements and across (x) next to the wrong statements.
1. Light travels in a straight line. ( )
2. Light is not a form of Energy. ( )
3. A shadow is formed when light rays are blocked by an apaque ( )
or translucent object.
4. When the distance between on object and the light source decreases, ( )
the size of the shadow increases.
5. The shape of the shadow of an objects will remain the same even if ( )
the direction of he light that shines on the object change.